Health care reform from a Christian perspective  

Posted by Denis Haack in , ,

Bruce Wydick, Professor of Economics at the University of San Francisco, weighs in on the fractious debate over reforming health care costs.

Formerly the terrain of policy wonks and ivory tower academics, the recent health care debate in the United States has aroused public interest and angst more than any domestic policy issue in recent memory. I personally have been intrigued by this debate, both as an American economist and as an American Christian, and both of these factors make me a strong advocate of health care reform. I believe that the U.S. needs a strong version of health care reform to make our economy more efficient and our society more just.

Read the entire article, which appeared in Comment (published by Cardus), here.


This entry was posted at Thursday, December 03, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Doggone it, Denis, that is a lethal link -- lethal in the sense that it killed a big portion of my morning schedule, as one post led to another and another and another.... Thanks for introducing me to *Comment* online!

December 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Denis, I thought you might like to know that my daughter in college asked me to send her this link so she could post it on Facebook. I asked her why, and she said she wanted her friends to know that there really are intelligent Christians discussing the topic. Made me happy ... and sad.

December 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Post a Comment