A nagging question  

Posted by Denis Haack in ,

My pastor mentioned something in his sermon on January 11th that has been bothering me ever since. Not bothering me in the sense of his having said something wrong. Bothering me in the sense that what he said lodged itself in my imagination like a splinter under a fingernail. His text was in St Luke’s Gospel chapter 3, which tells the story of John the Baptizer, and his message of repentance.

 

Reverend Harper ended his sermon by proposing we ask a close, trusted friend this question: “What would it look like if repentance was more a part of my life?”

 

I haven’t posed the question to anyone.

 

Yet.

 

This entry was posted at Wednesday, February 04, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment